As a Senior Estimator, your role will involve the preparation and submission of tenders and collaborating with clients and suppliers. You will need to be able to deliver tasks on time and manage documents in a fast-paced environment.
Skills required in order to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or architectural engineering, construction management, or similar
- 5-6 years experience as an estimator, experience in the construction industry is preferred
- Proficient in project estimation software and Microsoft Project
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- P1 or above drivers licence for travel and site visit purposes
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and extensive experience in Microsoft Excel
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Determine the costs involved for material, equipment, labour and utility in regards to construction projects
- Develop accurate estimates
- Prepare estimates for planning, organising, and scheduling project work
- Forecast project risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate risks in the project timeline
- Obtain offers and quotes from relevant subcontractors, vendors and labour
- Prepare tender documents
- Evaluate bid specifications and review plans and drawings
- Collaborate with other teams, conduct site visits, and provide other services, like bid deliveries when required.
If this job seems like a role that you would be interested in, please apply below!